What is a project?
It’s a temporary endeavour undertaken to create a unique product, service or result. A project is temporary in that it has a defined beginning and end in time, and therefore defined scope and resources. And a project is unique in that it is not a routine operation, but a specific set of operations designed to accomplish a singular goal.
What is Project management ?
“The application of knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project activities to meet the requirements of a particular project.” The process of directing and controlling a project from start to finish may be further divided into 5 basic phases
- Project Management
- Critical Path Method/Critical Chain Method
- Unique Resources
- Time dependent
- Operations Management
- Probability Standards
- Single Projects
- Resource may vary from time to time
- Resource Dependent
Primavera :– Primavera previously owned by Primavera Inc. is now Oracle’s Project Management software that imparts effective key skills to its users. Primavera users learn how to manage the resources of multiple projects by defining key roles & WBS(work breakdown structure). This training program under Oracle teaches ways to define milestones, budgets and schedules. Also, this training helps in aligning projects with strategic planning of business needs with calculated risks. Thus the users acquire strong skills in project management.
MSP 2013 (Microsoft Office Projects) :- MSP is a
project management software product, developed by Microsoft. It is designed to
assist in developing plans, assigning resources to tasks, tracking project
progress,budget management, and analyzing workloads. MSP 2013 includes new
Reports generation, better integration with other Microsoft products, and
Project 2013 includes graphical reports so that you can create graphical reports and add clipart without having to export data to another program. MSP adds preinstalled ability to compare projects, do dashboards, and to export to Visual Reports. MSP allows you to trace task paths for any task. When you click on a specific task, all of its predecessor tasks and successor tasks show up in different colors.
- 01.Theory PPM Concepts (Project Planning & Management Concepts)
- 03.Relationships (Types & Lag)
- 04.Scheduling (CPM,Dissolving) Constraints & Codes
- 05.Resources & Roles (Defining,Assigning,Estimation Methods & Analysis)
- 06.Baseline (Creation,assignment & restoration)
- 07.Resource Leveling Methods
- 08.Resource Analysis Methods (Spreadsheets,Histogram)
- 09.Updating & Tracking (S-Curve Generation)
- 10.EVM (Earned Value Management)
- 11.Risk,Issues & Thresholds
- 12.UDF & Global Change
- 13.Import & Export
- 14.Check in & Check out
- 15.Reflection (Creation & Merging) Report Generation
- 16.Intro to Primavera Web